Sunday, September 10, 2006

Baking..not my kinda thing...:(((

Baking cake....haven't tried much before..may be baked two simple cakes in my life time.(But my cookies always turn out ..ok..)Yesterday thought of giving it again a try 'coz last two times i used readymade cake mix and they came out all right.Yesterday baked a simple vanilla sponge cake with some almonds for my friend.This time didn't want to use the cake mix, wanted to start from the scratch.Followed the recipe from Marthastewart.com.The end product looked all right(as you can see in the pic) but it was dry..i don't know how to explain exactly..i feel like having a glass of cold water after eating a piece.My friend(who was being very polite)said the taste is good..poor girl..She was right..there was no problem with the taste ..but dry.....Anyway i am not going to stop trying..i am planning to bake again next weekend..let see..

2 comments:

Dori said...

Anytime I have tried a Martha Stewart recipe it was so complicated and didn't turn out as well as a simpler recipe would turn out...I gave up on her recipes eventually.

Myvegfare said...

wow, you seem to be good baker, the chocolate cakes and muffins and banana bread all see to have turned out quite well!, i too started to try my hand on baking well i think it turned out well, but still i have to learn better..., the presentations are very good too...