Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tomato rice with potato pacchadi

Tomato rice made with delicous cherry tomatoes.This one is very spicy and i served this with potato pacchadi.This potato pacchdai i tasted it at a friend's place and fell in love with it.So had to call her up for the recipe and came out really good.


Tomato rice


Ingredients

Cherry tomatoes - 20 (sliced)
Rice - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 large sized (chopped)
Green chillies- 3 (slit)
Red chillies - 3
Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
Garam masala - 1tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
Oil - 2tbsp
Salt - as needed
Curry leaves - as needed


Method

Cook rice and keep it aside.In pan, heat oil and fry onions,red chillies,green chillies,curry leaves and gg paste.Add turmeric powder,garam masala,tomatoes and salt.Fry till oil separates.Mix this into rice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.



Potato Pacchadi


Ingredients

Potato - 1 (boiled and mashed lightly)
Green chilli - 1 (chopped)
Oil - 1tsp
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Urad dal - 1/2tsp
Asafoedita - 1 pinch
Curry leaves - as needed
Curd - 3tbsp (beaten with a fork)

Method

Boil potato and mash lightly into pieces.In pan heat oil and fry mustard seeds,urad dal,asafoedita,curryleaves and green chillies.Add potatoes and half the salt into this and fry a little.Finally just before serving add curd to this .check for salt and add if needed.Serve with rice/roti.




Tips:Add little coconut milk while making the mix for tomato rice for extra flavour.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of Tomato rice!!Looks beautiful!Hey ,I think I am the first one today!:))

Asha

Manjula said...

Tomato rice looks fabulous. I make similar potato salad but without curd.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lip-smacking rice dish, Maheswari. Looks gorgeous with the potato pachadi.

USHA said...

Tomato rice looks nice.Potato with curd hmmm....i had it in my childhood,you made me to remember it.
It was one of my favourite too that time,again why i don't mymom stopped do it very often,so it was not in my kitchen list,,,

You remembered now,going to do again,i think it goes well with karakuzhabhu too.

swapna susarla said...

tomato rice is looking mouthwatering..potato pachadi..sounds different..will try ..

Seema Bhat said...

Maheswari,
Tomato rice looks gorgeous and I loved the pacchadi. Gottu try it sometime
Thanx

Anonymous said...

Hi Maheswari,

Love the photo.Potato pachadi is very new to me. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Looks Heavenly!!!!

Whats the next fruit???? Strawberry??? ;)

Prema Sundar said...

Beleive me.. I made tomato rice and beetroot pachidi today..
Potato pachidi is new to me and will surely be happy to try it out. thanks

Lakshmik said...

Hi Pooja

I like tomato rice. Potato pachadi is a new recipe. I am going to try it out. I think we can use it while serving chaat too.