Friday, May 02, 2008

Simple Shrimp Fry

This is one of the family favourite dish.I make sure to make this whenever i buy shrimps.

Ingredients

Shrimp - 1lb (i used frozen)
Shallots/small onions - 1/2 cup(sliced thin)
Red chilli powder - 2tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2tsp
Curry leaves - a few
Coconut oil/veg.oil - 2tbsp
Salt - as needed

Method

Thaw the frozen shrimp and keep it aside.In a pan heat oil, fry sliced onion till they are dark golden brown.(almost crispy).Add curry leaves and chilli,pepper,turmeric powders and fry till raw smell goes away.Now add shrimp and salt.Saute them in high heat for first few minutes and then reduce the heat and cook until everything comes together.I served this with 'Arachivitta sambhar' and rice.This dish goes well with rasam also.Note : This would taste better if you use fresh shrimps.



8 comments:

Cham said...

I love seafood, it looks spicy and tasty too :)

Suganya said...

Hi... Loved ur shrimp fry... Looks YUM!...... Nice colour....The combo with rice looks great...

Unknown said...

love those shrimps..nice recipe..

zlamushka said...

M, that is a lovely stir-fry. shrimps are my favorite protein source. Looks fiery hot, too, which is what I adore. You eat so little curry, as I can see, such a beautiful treat should not be outportioned by plain rice :-)

FH said...

Tasty dish Mahesh, love your profile photo!:)

Dori said...

Mmmmm, I haven't had shrimp in a good while...this looks really tasty!

notyet100 said...

umm,,feel like eating,..platter looks delicious,.

Kalai said...

Shrimp is my fave and I love this preparation. So simple and looks tasty with minimal ingredients! :)