Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chicken Podimas



Chicken Podimas, One of my favorite snack item that I tend to make very regurlarly.You can serve this as an appetizer or as a filling for Pita/Chappati roll. My kids love to have this mixed with steamed rice as well (instant chicken pulav! )  . In short , you can dress up this dish in many ways. Go ahead and try this and let me know.

Note : My version below is a spicy version, please feel free to adjust spice level according to your taste.

What You need

Boneless Chicken - 2 lbs
OR
Rotisserie Chicken - 1
Onion - 2 (chopped)
Shredded Coconut - 1/2 cup ( Optional)
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp (Optional)
Green chillies - 4
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 2 tsp
Cashew nuts - 10
Coriander leaves - for garnish
Oil - as needed
Salt - as needed

How you do it

Boil boneless chicken pieces with little salt and shred into pieces. In case you are Rotisserie chicken , just pick apart the whole chicken just leaving skin and bones.In a pan , heat oil and fry cashew nuts till golden brown and keep it aside.In the same pan, add more oil and fry onion till they are brown.Now add green chillies,ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes away.Add chicken too this and mix well.Add turmeric,pepper and salt (Note:We have already added some salt while boiling the chicken , so be mindful while adding more salt)and mix well. Now add shredded coconut and fry these on High heat until the chicken pieces turn into dark brown color. I personally like darker side of the fry(you can see the pic below) .If you are not a fan, feel free to switch off  when the dish turns into golden brown color.Garnish with chopped coriander, fried cashew nuts.




11 comments:

Vani said...

Looks delish, Maheshwari! You can send this to the theme of the month-chicken hosted by Srilekha.

the perfectly round rotis from your previous post leaves me in awe!

Anonymous said...

Looks good. I shall try with rotisserie chicken . I make something similar with ground chicken.

Indian Khana said...

This looks gud..and simple recipe..gud one

notyet100 said...

this looks nice,..new for me...

Srikitchen said...

wow! that's a nice yummy recipe mahe! come and join in the chicken event going in my blog!

sra said...

Hey, this is a nice recipe, Maheswari, sounds yummy!

Pavani said...

hello maheswari,chicken podimas really look great keep it,iwill try this one for my daughter.thanku for post this recipe

Sangeeth said...

i think my hubby will luv this :)

Cham said...

Chicken looks tasty Mahe :)

Illatharasi said...

My mouth waters ;) good recipe!

Sharmi said...

hey , how are you? me dropping in after long long time:)